Welcome to the world of WAsP by DTU Wind and Energy Systems!
Leveraging wind systems for the future
- WAsP Software is the industry-standard for wind resource assessment and wind farm planning
- WAsP Software is used for sites located in all kinds of terrain all over the world, and includes models and tools for every step in the process from wind data analysis to site assessment and calculation of the energy yield for a wind farm
- With a more than 30-year proven track record, WAsP Software is recognized and accepted worldwide by banks and authorities
Typical WAsP Software applications
- Calculation of energy yield for wind turbines and wind farms
- Calculation of wind farm wake losses and wind farm efficiency
- Calculation of wind conditions for IEC site assessment, e.g. mean wind, turbulence, wind shear, extreme wind and flow inclination
- Siting of wind turbines and wind farms
- Wind resource and turbulence mapping
CONTINUOUSLY DEVELOPED BY SCIENTISTS AT THE FOREFRONT OF WIND ENERGY RESEARCH
At DTU, we strive to uphold the fundamental principles of research integrity, honesty, transparency, and accountability. We value innovative thinking, credibility, and commitment in everything we do.
27 juni 2023
Global Wind Atlas 3.3 released
The Global Wind Atlas version 3.3 includes exciting new features and improvements. Viewing of any layer on the Global Wind Atlas can now be masked with data from any other layer, and the new IEC Class layers make it possible to quickly assess the IEC Class for wind turbines and wind farms.