Software support is included with your license. The support issues involve work directly related to operating WAsP, WAsP Engineering or Fuga, such as:
- Installation of the software
- Setting up the workspace hierarchy
- Importing maps and other data
- Using the observed wind climate wizard
As a rule-of-thumb work is limited to about 15 minutes on such issues. In addition to that (and with no time limit):
If you have any problems using the WAsP software, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
However, please note, that technical support for WAsP 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 has ceased by now. Techical support for WAsP users running WAsP on XP has also ceased.
Before you contact us
- Check that you have the latest version of WAsP and that your problem has not been dealt with already.
- Check the electronic help file to see if your problem has already been addressed here.
- Check the list of known issues and the FAQ.
When you report a problem to firstname.lastname@example.org, please include:
- Your name and WAsP license number (see your WAsP licence certificate/ WAsP licence file)
- Full WAsP version number (in WAsP see "Help | WAsP on this computer")
- PC operating system (2000/XP/Vista/7)
- Internet Explorer version number
- A detailed description of the problem and how to reproduce it.
- Error message: When WAsP shows you an error message, you can request details. When the details are showing, you can press the 'Copy' button to put a complete exception report onto the Windows system clipboard. Paste this into the e-mail you send.
- If the software is having problems with a particular file, then please send it (zipped) along with the description.
Project-related issues, i.e. problems related to special conditions regarding terrain, wind climate etc., specific for the project in question. This will not fall under the WAsP support service. If you require consultancy services, please contact us for an offer.