Would you like to learn about IEC site assessment?
We are proud to introduce the WAsP Engineering self-study course. An online course with access to the study material for 8 weeks, including access to both WEng 4 and WAsP 11. It is a fraction of the cost of a standard course and no travelling is required.
The course will enable the participant to
- Produce input for WAsP Engineering from wind observations
- Set up a WAsP Engineering project
- Predict extreme-wind speed, turbulence conditions and flow conditions at individual turbine sites
- Understand the limitations of the WAsP Engineering models
- Perform a site assessment according to the IEC 61400-1 standard
Because you have access to the course materials for 8 weeks, you will have better time to complete the exercises and reflect over findings. You will receive personal feed back from our experienced & highly qualified WAsP Engineering teachers, as well as from other participants, as you will have the chance to "meet" in the discussion forum.
The course is devided into 7 modules:
Module 1 - Introduction to WAsP Engineering
Module 2 - Turbine Safety and Site Assessment
Module 3 - LINCOM and Mean Wind
Module 4 - Extreme Winds
Module 5 - Turbulence
Module 6 - Windfarm Assessment Tool
Module 7 - Working with WAsP Engineering
Find more details and the registration form at our website.